The last video of your Beach Barre Workout YouTube series is up! Now you have a full one hour barre workout to do at home on your own at www.youtube.com/pilateswithliz!
For this workout, all you need is a mat. This mat workout focuses on abs, inner thighs, love handles, glutes, and hamstrings. Do all 3 in a row tonight after work, and let me know how you did on Facebook, Instagram, or twitter! We were all sore the next few days after this so I know you guys are going to love it!
World Cup inspired workout! Grab a soccer ball, and try this quick workout to lift the seat.
Starting position: Lie on your mat, feet on the ball, arms down by your sides!
1. Pull your abs in, squeeze your glutes, and lift the hips up to the sky. Then lower back down to starting position and repeat.
2. Lift your right leg up straight to the sky and pulse your hips up. Repeat with the left leg.
3. Roll the ball out and then pull it into your seat by squeezing your glutes and activating your hamstrings.
Try 2 sets of 12 reps of each exercise, then repeat the whole thing two more times!
Ready for some butt lifts? This workout is great for toning the glutes, hamstrings, and thighs! I usually use a few variations of these exercises in most of my barre and Pilates classes. Try to keep your abs pulled into your spine the entire time.
Bermuda Barre Pilates With Liz Butt Lift At Home Workout
1. On all fours, hands in line with shoulders, knees in line with hips. Straighten your left leg back and then lift and lower the leg, tapping the ground lightly with your toes each time you lower. Avoid lifting too high and compensating with the lower back. Make all of the work come from your glutes. Try 30 lower and lifts, then pulse up and down 1 inch at the top for 30 seconds. If you want a challenge, add small circles 12 times in each direction. Repeat with the other leg.
2. Bend the left knee and lift and lower the knee all the way down and up 30 times, then pulse at the top 1 inch (trying to stamp the ceiling with the bottom of your foot) for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other leg. If you want a challenge, try adding a 3-5lb weight behind the knee!
Try to go through this routine 3 times. This is a great routine to add to the “Walk the Plank” Ab routine that you can find in one of the last posts for a full body workout!
Enjoy your butt lifts to a fun song. Comment below, or on Facebook when you try it!