Bermuda Barre Pilates With Liz Laing St. Patrick’s Day Glowing Green Smoothie
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I wanted to share one of my favorite smoothies of all time! This smoothie is especially good for those who don’t like bananas since most smoothie recipes require bananas.
Ingredients (all organic, if possible):
– 2 handfuls spinach
– 1/2 cup blueberries (if frozen, you can use less ice)
– 3-5 ice cubes
– 2 deseeded dates
– 1/4 ripe avocado
– 1 scoop vanilla protein (I like hemp)
– enough coconut water or almond milk to blend everything
– 2 tablespoons Chia seed or Flax seed
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melt to liquid form and slowly pour in while blending)
– Unsweetened shredded coconut
Blend together, and enjoy this delicious treat as a meal or snack!
By the way – I am working on bringing you some new workouts via YouTube so that you can lift, tone, and burn at home on your own! Is there a certain workout you would like to see? Comment below or on Facebook and let me know!
A variation of this killer ab workout has been one of my favorite routines since I learned it from my friend Phyllis London (www.phyllislondon.com) years ago and I still do it to this day! Watch it, write it down, and take it with you to the gym, or just play it on your smart phone and while you do the exercises with her. Phyl is also in the running to be America’s Next Fitness Star on the show “Fit or Flop!” If you have a few minutes, vote for her at www.fitorflop.com!